Tuesday 3 January 2012

One day I'll fly away- Randy Crawford***

The First and great Commandment is: DONT LET THEM SCARE YOU!!!

My sista Puleng (also a godess,of course) gave me an article to read:

IF YOU'RE OVER FIFTY ,LOTS OF SEX WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY  

It had a stunning picture of Jane Fonda (uber godess) and it waxed lyrical about the benefits of said lots of sex to guarentee our overfities' happiness.
It took me a while to get my head aroud the concept of being in this age bracket and then I felt a slow dread creep up from my feet. OK, so what do you do if you're not Jane Fonda? And what exactly are our options here? And why is there no mention of romance in this scenario?

If sex could be like having a workout in the gym and you can shower and walk on <it would all be fine of course, but are women actually capable of having this emotionally detached coupling with someone and just go to the next?   And how much emotional interest must be paid on all these liasons? What if you fall in love with this person?

And where will you find these willing partners? Who, at this age and older is not schlepping baggage around? Could one actually accomodate more people? Horrible teenagers? Furious and bitter X-wives ugh .... Trawling dating sites is not my style and the idea of hunting for partners is just absurd,sorry.
 I am the eternal romantic -I truly believe that some people really go off into the sunset together after having found each other through a series of seemingly coincidental events.
There seems to be a notion out there that if a book or a movie ends with a happy ending that its not realistic'  It makes me so sad to think that "reality" is seen as people sitting on their own, crying and obsessing about what went wrong and having to join some support group to help them cope with their loss and complexes. (I have nothing against support groups,mind)  Im sure it could become quite the social event of the week!
I find myself at a vulnerable age and it becomes rather confusing as so many different factors come into play and of course you have the added pressure of being older and thus hopefully wiser-(NOT)
Your neurotic behaviour plays havoc with your looks and that I can not afford- at this age you don't pull 'haggard'off any more- just hag!!

I watched Celine Dion in concert in Vegas and it was stunning- What I loved most of all was the look of absolute adoration and love that her husband had on his face when she sang. Whenever
 he spoke of her his face just had a glow and it was beautiful to see. Im sure they have fights like all couples but it is clear that they not only love each other but really like each other as well.

Romance, courtship, YES!! 

ALWAYS BE ON THE LOOK-OUT FOR WONDER   - E.B.WHITE

SPREAD THE LOVE





No comments:

Post a Comment